As you grow older, your eyes age just as the rest of your body does. A once clear view of the sunset now might be shadowed or spotted by what is commonly referred to as an "eye floater." A floater is made up of clumps of cells in the vitreous humour, which is a clear gel-like in the eye. Over time, floaters will naturally decrease and in some cases completely disappear. For those who are not willing to wait, there are natural botanical remedies that can decrease or even eliminate floaters from your view, although these methods are not verified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Saline solution eye drops
- Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis)
- Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)
Place a single drop of saline solution into each eye to flush out loose foreign particles.
Place 1 tsp of eyebright into one cup of warm water, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Dip the towel into the infused liquid. Ring out excess liquid, and place the towel across both eyes as a compress. Allow the compress to sit for 10 minutes on the eyes. Apply the compress daily.
This method to clear up eye floaters has not been verified or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Place 1 tsp of bilberry into one cup of warm water, and allow the infusion to sit for 10 minutes. Consume the infusion completely. Repeat this step three times a day. Again, this method isn't FDA approved.
Tips and warnings
- Repeat the above steps on a daily basis until eye floaters have been eliminated. Eyebright and bilberry might be found at your neighbourhood pharmacy or herbalist shop.
- In more serious cases of eye floaters, surgery might be necessary for complete removal. Contact your physician for further information.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for