Buying aftermarket rims for your car can express your personality. Selection can be challenging due to the large variety available. It is best to view the rims on your car before making a purchase. If you buy rims to view on your car, make sure you can return them for a full refund if you are dissatisfied with the look.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Digital image of your car
Take a digital picture of your car from the side. Be sure to include the front and rear tires in your picture.
Use a computer to access an online rim visualizer. Upload the digital picture of your car.
Specify the year, make and model of your car.
Select the type of rims that you own or plan to purchase from the pop-up menu. The menu will include rims that fit your car's year, make and model. Resize the rims selected by selecting the edge of the rim with your curser, clicking and pulling toward the centre of the rim. Place the rim over your existing wheel in the picture by clicking and dragging it.
Purchase the rims you select online or at a rim dealer. Once received, bring your rims and car to an automotive centre that offers services to replace your old rim with the new one. View the rims on your car after the automotive centre has completed the task. You may have to pay a fee for this service.
Tips and warnings
- Check the return policy for your rims. If you do not like the rims when you view them on your car and the rims do not come with a return policy, you may have to keep rims you're unhappy with.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for