The cassette player in a Cadillac Deville is protected by the radio's TheftLock system. If TheftLock is enabled and the radio is locked out, the cassette player is also locked out. The only way to unlock the cassette player is to unlock the radio's TheftLock. Fortunately, if you know the radio's security code, you can use it to disable TheftLock.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- radio security code
Turn the car on but leave the radio off.
Press and hold the radio's "1" and "4" buttons until "SEC" appears on the radio's display.
Press the "Minute" button and look at the radio's display. It should read "000."
Press and hold "Minute." Continue holding "Minute" until the last two digits on the radio's display match the last two digits of the radio's security code.
Press and hold the "Hour" button. Continue holding it until the first two digits on the radio's display match the first two digits of the radio's security code.
Press the "AM/FM" button and look at the radio's display. It should read "---." TheftLock is disabled.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not know the radio's security code, you need to go to your auto dealership and request they find it for you.
- If this process does not work, you may have a newer version of TheftLock installed. The only way to disable newer versions of TheftLock is to go to your auto dealership and have them disable it. They may charge you for it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for