Charbroil gas grills have an igniter button to light the fire. If this fails to spark, light the grill manually with a match. Charbroil grills have a built-in match holder and hole on the side of the grill to make manual lighting of the grill easier. Once lit, the operation of the Charbroil gas grill is the same -- whether you light it by using the igniter or with a match.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Shut off the gas burners.
Open the gas valve leading away from the fuel tank.
Lift the lid of the grill and keep it open during lighting.
Insert the match into the holder dangling from the side of the gas grill.
Strike the match and push the lit match through the match hole in the side of the grill.
Press and turn the knob of the burner closest to the lit match to "High." The burner should ignite. Repeat, turning on the other burners to high until they all ignite.
Adjust the gas burners to the desired cooking level and continue to grill as usual.
Turn off the gas burners to put out the grill fire. Shut off the valve from the fuel tank for safety before storage.
Tips and warnings
- Keep your face away from the grill when inserting the match and turning on the gas burners.
- Do not allow children to come near the grill when you are lighting or using it.
- If your gas grill fails to light the first time with a match, shut off the burner controls and the fuel tank valve. Wait for at least five minutes before trying again.
- Do not leave the gas grill unattended after lighting it or when the any of the gas valves are open.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for