A fluffy tissue paper bow can add a big “wow” to a simply wrapped gift. A bow could also spruce up a headband or stand in for a casual corsage. Create a stash of these bows before the next holiday season to make your gifts stand out. These bows would also be a big hit at a wedding or baby shower and can be made from inexpensive tissue paper, which is available in a large variety of colours.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 8 pieces of tissue paper, 20 inch by 30 inch
- Floral wire
- Double stick tape
Stack the tissue papers evenly.
Make 1 1/2-inch accordion folds lengthwise across the entire stack of tissue paper, creating a long thin piece of folded tissue paper.
Cut the ends of the folded tissue paper into points.
Cut a 4-inch piece of floral wire. Wrap the floral wire around the centre of the folded tissue paper, twisting the wires closed.
Pull the layers of tissue paper from the outer edges up toward the centre of the bow, one at a time, to create the fluffy bow.
Tips and warnings
- For a smaller bow, use smaller pieces of tissue paper.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for