The audio system in the Toyota Rav4 is built around a dashboard-installed radio. This radio combines the tuner, amplifier and CD player of the Rav4's audio system into one integrated package. The radio can be removed with the removal of some dash panels and with the use of some simple tools.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips screwdriver
Remove any media, like tapes or CDs, from the old receiver. Turn off the ignition to the car and set the parking brake.
Remove two Phillips screws from the bottom edge of the trim panel that surrounds the receiver.
Pull the trim panel off of the dash, starting at the bottom and pulling upwards.
Remove four Phillips screws from the outside edge of the radio face. Pull the radio out of the dashboard and disconnect the wiring harness plugged into the back.
Tips and warnings
- You can purchase a panel tool at most auto parts stores.
- Remove any media, like CDs, from the radio before removing it from the dash.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for