Printers can print in every colour you can imagine, but sometimes, the only colour you need is black. If your black ink cartridge should run low--something that tends to happen well before the colour cartridge is low--you can still print in black. There is a process by which you can change your printer's settings and use a colour ink cartridge to print in black only.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Go to the "File" menu, then select "Print" for the file/document you wish to print.
Select "Properties" from within the "Print" menu.
Select "Black/Grayscale" under "Print options" and click "OK." This will close the properties menu and return you to the regular print menu.
Click "OK" to print the file/document.
Tips and warnings
- The information provided is based on the directions for an Epson printer. While most printers will be the same, the headings and location of the black/grayscale option might be different, depending on the make and model of printer you use.
- Some printers use a small amount of ink from each cartridge on every print job to ensure that the colour heads stay clear. You might see a small amount of colour even when printing the black/grayscale mode.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for