Appliance showroom owners typically set refrigerators in demo mode in order to display the item properly without wasting electricity used for cooling. When a frigidaire refrigerator is in demo mode, the appliance will not cool but the inside lights and dispenser display will illuminate. Once the refrigerator is removed from the showroom floor of an appliance store, the appliance is taken out of demo mode.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Frigidaire refrigerator
Press and hold the "Energy Saver" and "Adjust Freezer" buttons simultaneously for three seconds to enter the demo mode for controls located outside of the door. Listen for a beep. Look for the display to read "OF OF" which indicates the outside of the refrigerator is currently in demo mode.
Press and hold the "Ice Off" and "Adjust Freezer" buttons simultaneously for three seconds to enter the demo mode for controls located inside the refrigerator. Wait for a beep noise. Verify the inside of the appliance is in demo mode by looking at the display which should read "OF OF."
Exit demo mode for the outside of the refrigerator by pressing and holding the "Energy Saver" and "Adjust Freezer" button both at once for three seconds. Watch for the display to remove the "OF OF" indicator after you hear a beep.
Exit demo mode for the inside of the refrigerator by pressing and holding the "Ice Off" and "Adjust Freezer" buttons at the same time for three seconds. Listen for a beep and make sure the "OF OF" has been removed from the display.
Tips and warnings
- On occasion a new owner may receive a refrigerator that will not cool and they believe the item may be defective. It is imperative that the display be checked to determine if the refrigerator is in demo mode.
- After the refrigerator is removed from demo mode it will take 24 hours for cooling to stabilise.
- Placing a refrigerator into demo mode suspended the cooling feature of the appliance. To ensure safety of your food items, transfer all items from the refrigerator and freezer to another cooling location before you set the appliance in demo mode.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for