A staff member at Blizzard, the company that owns World of Warcraft, has the authority to unban a World of Warcraft account. Banned accounts are unplayable. Accounts are banned for a variety of reasons and only some bans can be reversed. Spamming, selling gold, harassment, illegal activities and other violations of the terms of service agreement can result in a permanent ban on that account. Continuous abuse of accounts can result in an IP ban, which means no accounts can log in from that Internet location. Contact Blizzard as soon as you notice a change in status of your account to attempt to get it unbanned.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Contact Blizzard via e-mail or phone. The email is: email@example.com.
Tell the staff your account information and when you were banned. They may ask for your name, address and e-mail address to confirm your identity.
Follow the instructions the staff member gives you. Depending on the reason it was banned, the account may or may not be reinstated.
Tips and warnings
- Blizzard support numbers:
- Argentina 0800-333-0778
- Australia 1-800-041-378
- Chile 1230-020-5554
- Mexico 001-888-578-7628
- Canada 1-800-592-5499
- United States 1-800-592-5499
- Some Offenses That Can Result in Bans:
- Spamming, the act of sending messages or flooding the chat with nonsensical messages, results in warnings and bans. Selling gold, the in-game currency, goes against the terms of service. Gold sellers usually spam the city trade chats under a name consisting of random letters and numbers advertising a website for users to visit to buy gold. Buying gold is also a bannable offence. Users can click on the person's name and report spam to alert the Game Masters about the gold sellers. Harassment of any kind, sexual or otherwise, results in a ban or warning. Users can contact a Game Master through the help menu on their toolbar to report harassment. Selling used World of Warcraft accounts can result in a ban for both the person selling the account and the person who buys it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for