- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- FTP access software
- Notepad or other code editing software
Visit a countdown timer provider (see Resources). Configure your timer to your liking, following the individual provider's instructions.
Highlight the code provided when you complete the configuration and press "Control" and "C" on your keyboard to copy it.
Download the web page that you would like to embed the countdown timer on using your FTP access software (Dreamweaver, FileZilla and Internet Explorer will all work). Open it with your code editing software. If you are embedding your countdown timer via a browser-based interface such as MySpace or Facebook, log in and navigate to the appropriate page editor.
Place your cursor in the place you want to embed your countdown timer. If you are editing HTML, this may be within a <table> or <div> tag.
Press "Control" and "V" on your keyboard to paste the code where you want it.
Save your document and upload it to your website server using your FTP access software. If you are embedding via a web-based browser, save and exit the editor.
Tips and warnings
- Using or tags and CSS can help control the placement of your embedded countdown timer.
- Some public websites may not accept some embed code.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for