Ardell Unred hair colour is designed to remove unwanted red tones from coloured hair. There are three options when applying it, each designed to turn the brassy harsh look of red hair into a lustrous sheen. Do not wash your hair directly before applying it. Your scalp will become more prone to irritation and hair is likely to break when dyeing.
Review the amount of Unred in the package before purchasing. Available in three sizes, Unred is sold in single packets, .739ml bottles and 29.6ml bottles. The .739ml bottle will supply 30 washes and the 29.6ml bottle can produce 120. Consider your options before selecting a size. If you have previously tried Unred or seen the results, it is better to buy a larger bottle, saving time and money in the long run
Mix Unred with your hair colour before dyeing your hair as one option. Working with all colours, toners, tints and non-peroxide hair colours, Unred will intensify and enrich the colour and sheen of red hair. Put petroleum jelly around the edges of your roots, ears and neckline before applying Unred to prevent the dye from staining your skin.
Create a soap cap as a second option. Mix shampoo, bleach, conditioner and developer to create a thin paste. Combine ingredients on a 1:1 ratio, applying them in equal amounts as you prepare to dye your hair. Part your hair into four sections to fully expose the roots. Put on plastic gloves to protect your hands from red staining. Massage mix into wet hair, working it from root to tips to coat all strands of hair. Cover hair with a shower cap or clip it up on your head and let your hair absorb the dye. Wait 15 minutes or until your scalp begins to tingle, then head on to the shower and wash it out.
Add Unred to shampoo or conditioner as a third option. This is best done after your hair has been dyed. Squeeze shampoo or conditioner on to your palm and add 10 drops of Unred to each ounce of shampoo or conditioner before washing your hair. Start at the base of your scalp and slowly move backward when washing to ensure all hair is covered. Give your hair five to 10 minutes to absorb the additive and then wash it out.
- Read instructions before dyeing hair. Wear clothes you are not afraid to ruin in case of accidents or spills. Use an old towel when drying hair.
- Wait at least two weeks after applying a hair relaxer to dyed hair. Never dye your eyebrows. It can cause blindness or harm to the eyes.
Tips and Warnings
- Read instructions before dyeing hair.
- Wear clothes you are not afraid to ruin in case of accidents or spills.
- Use an old towel when drying hair.
- Wait at least two weeks after applying a hair relaxer to dyed hair.
- Never dye your eyebrows. It can cause blindness or harm to the eyes.