As you continuously use your rechargeable batteries without periodically performing a proper reset, the batteries eventually stop fully charging. Nickel-cadmium (NiCad), rechargeable Alkaline or Lithium ion (Li-ion) rechargeable batteries have a type of memory that aids in the recharging process, known as dendrite crystal. The memory is responsible for regulating the charge capacity so that the batteries charge properly. Every other month it is essential to reset the memory in a rechargeable battery to improve charging and extend lifetime use of them.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Battery charger
Drain your rechargeable battery completely. Allow the product that uses your rechargeable battery to shut off by itself due to low power. Performing this task will not harm your battery.
Take out the battery from the gadget. Glance over the battery to find the type printed on the product. Make a note of the voltage on the battery if you need to purchase a charger. Buy a charger, with the aid of a salesperson at your local store for the type and voltage of the rechargeable battery.
Read the battery charger instructions carefully to determine the proper time limit for a full charge. A proper time frame is determined by the voltage and type of your battery. If you have difficulty finding out the proper time limit, contact the battery manufacturer by typing the brand into a search engine. Navigate to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the website.
Charge the battery by following the correct time limit to reset.
Perform a reset every other month to maintain the life of your battery.
Tips and warnings
- Store rechargeable batteries in cool places to maximise use.
- Avoid leaving a battery on a charge for more than the recommended time amount. Doing so can cause fire or ruin the battery.
- Never use "zapping" or similar techniques to revive a dead or old battery. Doing so can cause the battery to explode or cause a fire.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for