The Hewlett-Packard Officejet K5300 series printer is an inkjet printer with two cartridges. One cartridge contains black and yellow ink; the second contains magenta and cyan. It is far cheaper to refill your inkjet cartridges than to purchase replacements. You need to reset ink levels only if you refill your cartridges instead of replacing them with expensive HP replacement cartridges. If you refill cartridges that are not designed as refillable, you will not be able to reset ink levels. Ink levels are calculated by the printer. Once these levels show depletion, the printer will no longer print until they are reset.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- HP 88-compatible refillable cartridges
- Replacement ink
Purchase HP 88-series compatible refillable cartridges. These will be filled with ink when you purchase them. You will only need to refill them after they run low.
Power off your HP K5300 printer.
Remove a rubber stopper on the refillable cartridge. The stopper will be on top of the cartridge. Consult the instructions that should be provided in the box when you purchase the refillable cartridge.
Inject ink into the refillable cartridge. Use the syringe supplied with the refillable cartridge that you purchased. Only fill to three-quarters full.
Replace the plug on the top of the cartridge.
Remove the cartridge and replace it after refilling to trigger a chip reset. You can either refill the cartridge in the machine or take it out to refill it.
Tips and warnings
- Cartridges for the K5300 printer are HP 88 series.
- If you replace the ink cartridges with genuine HP ink cartridges, this will automatically reset the ink levels. Black and yellow HP original part number is C9381A. Magenta and cyan part number is C9382A
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for