If your Acer Aspire 3004WLMi model computer will not come out of Standby mode, the power saving settings might need to be double-checked. But there are a couple of other reasons why your Acer Aspire may have a problem with being stuck in Standby mode. The BIOS could need updating or your computer's battery may need a longer charge. All three of these areas, if looked at first, might just solve the problem and regularly keep your computer alert and wide awake.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Acer Aspire 3004WLMi
- Windows XP operating system
Check your power cord and verify that it is securely connected on both ends, from your computer to the AC adaptor power source. If your computer does not come out of Standby mode, continue.
Press down and hold down the "Power" button for 30 seconds to reset the computer. If your computer does not come out of Standby mode, continue.
Click "Start," "All Programs," and then click "Acer."
Click "Acer eRecovery Management" and then enter your password or create one, if prompted.
Click "Restore," click "Reinstall Drivers or Applications" and then click "Contents."
Click the driver you want to install, click "Install" and then follow the prompts to complete the driver installation.
Restart your computer if it does not restart automatically after the installation has finished.
Tips and warnings
- Write down your password for eRecovery Management if you are prompted to create one as indicated in Step 2 of the section "Check for New Drivers." Should you need to access eRecovery again, you will need this confirmation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for