The Nokia N95 mobile phone has a 3G connection and the ability to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. You can use the Joiku app to run both the 3G and Wi-Fi radio simultaneously so that you can use the 3G data connection with any Wi-Fi enabled device such as a laptop or iPad.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Download and install the Joiku app on your N95. You can find a link to the Joiku software in the Resources section.
Open the Joiku app on your mobile phone. Set the SSID (network name) to something you will recognise. Use WEP encryption and set a password for your network. Set the default gateway to 192.168.2.1.
Connect your laptop or iPad to the Wi-Fi hot spot using the network name and password you created.
Tips and warnings
- Connection speeds on your Wi-Fi device will depend on the signal quality of your N95. Ideally you will only use this as an alternative Internet connection. (reference 2)
- Data rates will apply. It's recommended that you have unlimited data on your service plan if you want to use this feature.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for