The Volvo 850 is a compact car manufactured by Volvo from 1992 to 1997. It was available in both sedan and estate car body styles. Because the 850 Volvo wagon's brake light is contained in the upper tail lamp assembly, the assembly must be removed to access the brake light bulb. The Volvo 850 brake lights use 21W bulbs, which can be purchased from most automotive parts suppliers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Clean cloth
- Replacement 21W bulb
Turn off the 850's engine. Use a screwdriver to remove the four screws holding the upper tail light panel to the vehicle. Remove the upper tail light panel.
Press in the plastic catches on the lower light and remove the bulb holder. Pull the bulb out of the holder.
Use a clean cloth to install a new 21W bulb into the holder. Place the holder back into the assembly, making sure it snaps into place.
Reattach the cover and the four screws.
Tips and warnings
- Always use a clean rag or cloth to install a new bulb. If you use your bare hands, you can ruin the bulb.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for