The battery on a Suzuki motorcycle is located under the seat inside a plastic box. Suzuki motorcycle are all different, but the placement and the process is going to be the same for all models. The seat will be secured to the bike's frame by bolts or screws. The number of bolts and screws will vary between models, but are generally located along the seat's lower edge.
Park the Suzuki motorcycle on flat level ground and allow the engine to cool. Remove the screws or bolts from along the edge of the seat.
Pull the seat off the bike's frame and set it aside. Pull the wire harness off the top of the battery, or loosen the cable connector and pull the cables off the battery.
Pull the battery from the plastic box. Place the new battery into the plastic box in the same position as the old one.
Connect the cables to the new battery, or connect the wire harness to the battery. Replace the seat to the bike's frame opposite the way you removed it.
Things you need
- Box wrench set
- Phillips head screwdriver
- "Suzuki: SV650 & SV650S 99-08 (Haynes Service & Repair Manual)"; Matthew Coombs; 2009
- "Suzuki GS500 Twin 1989-2008 (Haynes Service & Repair Manual)"; Matthew Coombs; 2009
- "Suzuki GSX-R600 '01 to '03, GSX-R750 '00 to '03, GSX-R1000 '01-'02 (Haynes Service & Repair Manual)"; Phil Mather; 2008
- "The Essential Guide to Motorcycle Maintenance: Tips & Techniques to Keep Your Motorcycle in Top Condition"; Mark Zimmerman; 2004