Binaural beats, or binaural tones, are sound waves at certain levels of frequency that travel through the brain. These beats aid in synchronising brain waves into a desired patter, depending on the frequencies of the tones that are presented. One can make binaural beats to be played throughout any piece of music to elicit delta or theta brainwave states. Listening to delta binaural beats may induce deep sleep, whereas theta can induce deep relaxation in the brain.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Audio Program
Download an audio program that allows a user to insert tone frequencies within audio. Audacity is an example of this audio program, which is an open-source software and free to the public.
Click "Generate" at the top of the program in the task bar. Select "Tone."
Type 224 in the box labelled "Frequency (Hz)."
Bring the selection tool over to the "L" on this newly formed tone to ensure this tone only comes out on the left side of the speaker or headphone system.
Generate a new tone with the frequency of 200. Bring this tone over the "R" to ensure right side output.
Import you own music over these tracks by going to "File," "Import" and then clicking "Audio." Lower the volume of the generated tones so that it is gently folded into the music.
Making Binaural Beats for Sleep and Delta Brainwave States
Follow steps one and two above for making delta binaural beats.
In the Frequency box, type 227. Bring this tone over to the "L" mark to give output out of the left speaker.
Generate a new tone with the frequency of 220. Bring this tone over to the "R" mark.
Lower the volume of these tones if importing your own music. To import your own music, go to "File," "Import" and then click "Audio."
Making Binaural Beats for Relaxation and Theta Brainwave States
Tips and warnings
- Delta brainwaves are associated with the frequency of 4. When 224 and 220 are combined in the brain, it is subtracted to make 4. Use whatever number you like, as long as it subtracts to make 2-4. Theta brainwaves work the same way, but the frequencies associated with them run from 4-7.
- It is always appropriate to listen to binaural beats with headphones, as they will travel better through the ears and into the brain to influence brainwaves efficiently.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for