It's difficult to imagine a craft project that you can construct entirely out of old newspaper, with no scissors, tape or other adhesives required. No, it isn't a magic trick --- with just one full sheet of newspaper, you can construct a stylish Army hat that fits any child's head. Add in imagination, and your kids will be occupied for hours on the next rainy day they find themselves stuck indoors.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 full-sized sheet of newspaper
Prepare a flat, smooth working surface. Wipe away any moisture before you begin the craft to avoid soaking it up with your newspaper.
Fold your full-sized sheet of newspaper in half along the central, vertical crease. Fold your newspaper in half once more along the central horizontal crease. Your folded newspaper should be one-fourth of its original size.
Fold the left edge across the sheet to the right edge and crease the new, central fold. Unfold the newspaper, thereby creating a new, vertical crease in the centre of your newspaper.
Fold the upper left corner of the newspaper down to the new central crease. Do the same for the upper right corner. Your newspaper should look like an isosceles triangle with a rectangular strip along the bottom.
Fold the upper portion of the rectangular strip upwards over the bottom edge of the triangle.
Flip the newspaper over and fold the remaining rectangular strip upwards over the bottom edge of the triangle.
Roll the leftmost and right edges of the rectangular strips to keep both portions together.
Pull apart the newspaper at the base of the triangle to open the hat for wearing.
Tips and warnings
- Tape the leftmost and rightmost edges of the rectangular portions to prevent the hat from falling apart after rigorous use.
- Make sure your kids wash their hands of any ink after completing the craft. If the ink gets into their eyes or mouths, it can cause mild to moderate irritation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for