A PC tablet is a laptop computer that allows you to draw, write and interact using a touch screen and a stylus pen. The laptop must be manufactured as a tablet PC and have the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system installed in order for these functions to work. If you have a tablet PC with Windows XP SP2, you can install the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system to enable the functions. This operating system installs exactly like Windows XP but includes drivers for the touch-screen capability.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition installation disk
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition product key
Backup all files that you do not want to lose during the upgrade.
Insert the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition disk in your disk drive and reboot your laptop. This will start the installation process.
Press the "Enter" key twice on your keyboard to bypass the installation introduction screens.
Press the "F8" key on your keyboard to agree to the terms of services.
Select your main hard drive partition to install the new operating system. Because you will overwrite the existing version of Windows XP SP2, you will be prompted to confirm the installation.
Respond to the onscreen instructions to install the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system. You will need to enter a valid product key for your operating system and enter an administrator name and password.
Reboot the laptop to complete the installation. Your computer should now launch using the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system instead of Windows XP SP2.
Tips and warnings
- After installing a new operating system, you may also need to install tablet PC drivers from the manufacturer's disk that came with the laptop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for