Contact lenses are a convenient way to see clearly without worrying about glasses. They are also used for aesthetic purposes, such as changing your eye colour. There are two kinds of daily contact lenses. True daily contact lenses are made to be thrown away each day and should not be worn longer than the manufacturer's guidelines. Attempting to reuse true daily contacts can result in eye problems. Rinse and reuse daily contacts can be reused daily for longer periods of time (usually two weeks) and require certain care.
- Skill level:
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Remove one contact lens from your eye by separating your eye lids and gently pinching the lens.
Place the lens in the middle of your palm, and rinse with contact lens cleaning solution. After rinsing, place a few drops more of the solution on the lens and rub it.
Place the lens in a clean lens container, and fill it with contact lens disinfectant. The disinfectant you use will depend on the advice of your eye care professional.
Repeat the process with your other eye.
Repeat this process each day in order to keep the lenses clean and safe for reuse.
Tips and warnings
- Speak with your eye care professional regarding specific procedures for your brand of rinse and reuse daily contacts.
- Do not attempt to reuse true daily contact lenses.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for