Most side-by-side refrigerators have water filtration systems for the water dispenser and ice maker. Most manufacturers recommend replacing the filter every six months, depending on usage. You can bypass the filter if you don't feel like buying one.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Bypass plug
Turn the round filter cover counterclockwise until the handle is vertical to the floor. This is for a filter that's in the base grille. Open the refrigerator door and press the button next to the filter cartridge if your filter is on the inside.
Insert the bypass plug into the filter cartridge area if your filter is inside the refrigerator. Press the plug in fully as you would a filter until it snaps into position.
Place the bypass plug into the hole in the base grill if your filter installs in the grille. Turn the plug clockwise to lock it in place.
Tips and warnings
- Some refrigerators with base grille filters do not require a bypass plug.
- Purchase the correct bypass plug for your refrigerator. Most appliance repair shops carry them. Have your brand and model number handy.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for