A knife roll is a case that chefs use to carry their knives and tools safely. These rolls are generally made of canvas with slots for each knife and kitchen tool. Knife rolls range in price and size and come in a variety of colours and patterns. For those chefs who have a quality set of knives, transporting them in a roll is one way to make them last longer.
- Skill level:
Unzip the knife roll, and unroll it. Lay the roll on a flat surface. Place the set of knives gently next to the roll.
Lift the flap on the inside of the knife roll and fold up. Some knife rolls have flaps, while others have zippered compartments to protect the knives from touching each other.
Slip one knife into each of the slots, handle first -- very carefully. The number of slots depends on the size of the knife roll. The larger the roll, the more slots and compartments for knives.
Roll the knife roll, starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. Secure the roll with the straps, making sure it is pulled tight.
Tips and warnings
- The fabric of most knife rolls can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- Always point the blade of the knife away from yourself and other people.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for