Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is an image viewing program that comes with the Windows XP operating system. The Windows Picture and Fax Viewer allows users to view and work with images without using a third party image editing program. When you use the Internet, the images you view with the Viewer will be saved as temporary Internet files. Deleting temporary Internet files will remove images from the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer history.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Click "Start," "All Programs," "Accessories," "System Tools," and then "Disk Cleanup."
Choose the disk containing your operating system if prompted to choose a disk.
Click the boxes next to "Temporary Internet files" and "Temporary files."
Click "Ok" and then "Yes." Disk cleanup will remove the selected files from your system.
Open Internet Explorer, click "Tools," "Delete Files" under "Temporary Internet Files," and check the "Delete all offline content" box and click "OK."
Tips and warnings
- Deleting temporary Internet files can free up hard disk space. Consider clearing temporary Internet files on a monthly basis to reduce clutter on the hard drive.
- Recently opened documents will appear in the recently viewed document list which may include images. To clear recently viewed documents, right click "Start," click "Customize," "Advanced," and the "Clear List" button.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for