How to Report Dental Malpractice

Written by andrew mayfair
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Pin
  • Email
How to Report Dental Malpractice
(Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images)

Dental malpractice occurs when a dentist performs below the generally accepted standard of care in dentistry. For example, it may fall below the standard of care to remove a tooth when a filling is more clinically acceptable. If you visited the dentist and believe that you received unacceptable care that constituted malpractice, you can file a complaint with the dental board in the state where you received the treatment. Some states do not have a separate dental board, but combine the supervision of several medical professionals, including dentists, under one agency.

Skill level:
Moderately Easy


  1. 1

    Navigate to the website of your state dental board.

  2. 2

    Download a complaint form from the dental board's website.

  3. 3

    Fill out the complaint form by detailing the alleged dental malpractice. Submit the complaint form in the manner required by the dental board.

Tips and warnings

  • Reporting malpractice to the dental board will not allow you to recover restitution from the dentist. If you wish to seek money from the dentist, you must file a dental malpractice lawsuit. See a lawyer.

Don't Miss

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.