The Nuvi 250W is a GPS unit designed to direct you to your chosen destination using voice navigation, a touchscreen and 3D maps. Garmin, the device's developer, periodically releases updates for the 250W, which improve the operating system. However, don't expect your Nuvi 250W to connect to a satellite and automatically update. Garmin provides a free computer program, called "WebUpdater," to aide you in installing the latest software updates onto your GPS.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Garmin WebUpdater software
- Nuvi 250W USB cable
Download the "WebUpdater" installation software to your computer (See Resources).
Open the WebUpdater installation wizard and follow the onscreen prompts to complete installation.
Connect your Nuvi 250W to your computer using your GPS's USB cable that came packaged with the device.
Allow WebUpdater to detect the latest updates for your Nuvi 250W.
Install the updates when prompted.
Tips and warnings
- After installing the updates, your Nuvi may take several minutes to power on.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for