Vitamix offers a wide variety of blender styles, speeds and blades. With a 10-year warranty and a large stock of replacement parts, Vitamix appliances can be used for many purposes for many years. When the blades are used to break down ice cubes and other hard materials, they may become dull. You can sharpen these blades safely and quickly to get your Vitamix back up to speed.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Thick work gloves
- Sharpening stone
- Kitchen towel
- Stiff-bristled cleaning brush
Unplug the machine from the wall and remove the glass jar that holds the material for mixing from the base of the machine.
Detach the gasket, with the blades attached, and rinse off the blades to make sure they are clean of any debris, especially for the dry blade configuration.
Wearing thick gloves to protect your hands, use a sharpening stone to sharpen the blender blades. Slide each blade across the stone at a 15-degree angle while running cold water over the blades. Use six to eight full strokes for each blade to assure a sharp finish. Use the same process with both the wet and dry blade configurations.
Rinse each blade with warm water, soap and a stiff-bristled cleaning brush to remove any dust from the stone or blades. Use a clean towel to dry the blades, then attach the blades to the main unit, just as you disassembled it, and reattach the glass jar to the base of the machine.
Tips and warnings
- Sharpening stones are available in a wide range of style, shapes and sizes at department stores, discount stores and online.
- Use extreme care when handling the Vitamix blades.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for