The Timex Expedition is a watch model that has been on the market for some years. Noted for its rugged simplicity, the Expedition features a strap that is easily changed. With the help of a simple spring bar tool, the Expedition's strap can be switched out in the conventional manner. The time required to perform this task is minimal, and the cost of acquiring the right tool and replacement strap is fairly low.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Forked spring bar strap changing tool
- New strap
Lay the watch facedown on a soft yet firm, non-marring surface.
Insert the forked spring bar tool between the lug and strap, such that the indention is centred over the spring bar.
Push in toward the strap and down simultaneously, compressing the spring on the bar, to pop the strap out.
Remove the spring bar from the old strap. Slide it into the hole on the new strap.
Insert one end of the spring bar into the hole on the inner portion of the lug. Compress the other spring, push down, and allow the bar to snap into the opposite lug hole.
Tips and warnings
- If scratching the case is a concern, apply a little painter's tape over the lugs. Remove the tape after the strap change is complete.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for