Do you ever wish your drawers looked as neat and tidy as a department store shelf? Clothing stores have a secret weapon in the fight against uneven, toppling piles of clothes: their clothes folding board. This simple piece of equipment helps fold shirts and sweaters to an even size in minutes. Luckily, you can create your own clothes folding board at home. Crisp folds and perfect piles are just a few steps away.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cutting board (about 12 inches wide by 18 inches long)
- 2 pieces of cardboard
- Clear packing tape
- Shirt or sweater
Trace a 12-inch by 18-inch cutting board onto two pieces of cardboard. Cut out each piece and stack.
Tape the cardboard pieces together firmly. Cover all cardboard surfaces with clear packing tape.
Fold your shirts and sweaters with this folding board. Place the shirt or sweater facedown on your work surface. Set the folding board on the shirt back near the collar.
Fold each arm back on top of the board, smoothing the fabric as you fold. Fold the shirt or sweater bottom up until the hem is on top of the neckline. Carefully pull the folding board out of your folded top.
Tips and warnings
- Cut your cardboard to 8 inches wide by 10 inches long for a child's size folding board.
- Cover your cardboard board with wrapping paper or decorative contact paper before taping for an embellished tool.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for