The Visa Electron debit card traditionally was issued to those with a poor credit score because it provides a restricted level of flexibility; you must have the required funds in your account at the time of purchase. In recent years, its popularity has soared because using a Visa Electron card when booking flights online won't incur the exorbitant charges that budget airlines impose on credit card users. However, it has restricted availability and is not yet issued in Australia, Canada, the U.S. or Ireland.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Visa Electron card
Choose "Visa Electron" from the drop-down list of credit and debit cards.
Enter your name as it appears on your Visa Electron card.
Enter your billing address.
Enter the long number on the front of your card.
Enter the expiry date.
Enter the three digit security code found on the back of your card. A pop-up from Visa, called Verified by Visa, will appear.
Enter your password. Your purchase is now confirmed.
Tips and warnings
- Your Visa Electron card will be accepted where the Visa Electron symbol is displayed.
- During your transaction, your balance will be checked to ensure you have enough funds.
- Do not enter a card number online unless you see a padlock in the web browser's window frame and an address starting with https:\\. This may not appear until you are on the page where you enter your number.
- Never give out your card number online unless you trust the site.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for