The Ableton Live music production program, popular among amateurs and professional producers and live performers, features extensive copy protection safeguards to ensure that the program is only functional if it is legitimately purchased. Sometimes users who have purchased the program may find that their code is not working or that the program is unable to process their authorisation. Ableton provides a list of troubleshooting techniques in case the user is unable to process the authorisation of a legitimately purchased copy of the program.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Activate your computer's Internet connection. Upon activating Ableton Live in your computer after installing it, an authorisation dialogue box will appear and you will be prompted to enter your authorisation code. Enter the code and Ableton Live should begin working normally.
If Ableton is not accepting the code, make sure that you have entered all the digits and characters correctly.
After putting in the authorisation code and pressing the "Unlock Online" button, if the message saying "Failed to connect to Ableton server" appears, examine your Internet connection to make sure it is functioning correctly and try again.
If you have already authorised your copy of Ableton Live twice, if you try to reauthorise it on a third computer the message "Max number of unlocks reached" will appear. To reauthorise it a third time you will have to e-mail Ableton and explain the circumstances as to why you need a third authorisation code.
Tips and warnings
- All needed codes are contained either in an e-mail Ableton sends you immediately upon purchase if you purchased the program online, or in the boxed version of the program you purchased at a retail store.
- To authorise Ableton offline, if you have version 7 of the program or earlier you will need the "Challenge Code" to unlock the program.
- If you have lost the serial number of your purchased version of the program, Ableton can only retrieve it for you if you have registered your copy of Ableton Live on the company's website.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for