The Windows 7 operating system product comes with a variety of preinstalled wallpapers, including some that feature Microsoft's new search product, Bing. Your computer's desktop wallpaper is one way to express your personality through your computer's settings. Whether you use the Bing search engine or not, you may not want to use the brand to show your personality or want to stare it the entire time you use your computer. To remove Bing wallpaper from your Windows 7 background, you have to modify your desktop image settings.
- Skill level:
Click the Start button on your computer. Click "Control Panel" in the Start menu. Enter "desktop background" in the search bar at the top of the screen. Click "Change desktop background" in the search results.
Remove the ticks from the boxes that contain Bing wallpaper.
Click "Save changes."
Tips and warnings
- You can also access the desktop background controls by right-clicking on your current desktop. Then click "Personalization."
- Removing the Bing wallpaper from your current desktop slide show doesn't delete it from your computer. To remove the wallpaper completely from your computer, highlight the image file, right-click and click "Delete." Depending on your computer's settings, you may also have to empty the Recycle Bin folder to delete the image.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for