Recovering your operating system back to its original condition is a real pain, as all your data is permanently lost, but its frequently necessary if you have virus and spyware infections or your laptop crashes often. You don't need to use a separate installation disc to recover your eMachines D620 laptop. The computer already includes the "Recovery Management" program, which is used to format your hard drive and completely restore the operating system.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Close each program or window currently running on your eMachines laptop. Check the system tray at the lower-right end of the screen to see if you have any antivirus, anti-spyware or firewall software open. Right-click the program's icon and choose "Exit."
Navigate to the "Start" menu and open the "All Programs" folder. Click the "eMachines" folder and select the "Recovery Management" icon.
Click the "Restore" icon at the top of the recovery management window. Select the computer icon labelled "Restore System to Factory Default."
Type your recovery password in the text box if you previously created a password. If you haven't made a recovery password, leave the field blank and click "Next."
Choose "Next" and select "I Agree." Click "Next" again and wait for the recovery management software to erase your hard drive and reinstall the operating system.
Select the drop-down menus in the recovery window to choose the keyboard layout, language and time zone preferences for your D620's new operating system. Use the prompts to select your Internet connection and network settings. Click "Finish" to finish recovering your laptop to factory settings.
Tips and warnings
- If the recovery management software has been deleted, the recovery program is also stored on a secondary hard drive partition. Restart the laptop's operating system and tap the "Alt" and "F10" keys at the same time when the eMachines logo appears. Press "Enter" and follow the directions on the screen to recover the operating system back to factory condition.
- Any driver software you have installed, such as for an external printer or router, must be reinstalled manually after recovering the eMachines laptop. Use the installation disc that came with the hardware component to reinstall the software.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for