Mold is a form of fungus that grows naturally in nature. Its primary function is to help break down dead vegetation such as dead wood, leaves or plants. It grows in places that are moist and cannot grow in dry places. The most important thing you can do to prevent mold from growing in your home is to repair all leaks and dry up all moisture on a regular basis. But once mold is found it needs to be dealt with immediately before it becomes toxic.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mild detergent
- Scrub brush
- Sponge with abrasive side
- Hot water
- Face mask
- Safety goggles
- Razor blade (if needed)
Put on the gloves, face mask and safety goggles.
Mix 1 cup of detergent to 3/4 gallon of hot water.
Use the sponge to scrub all moldy areas. If the area underneath the flooring is covered in mold, use the razor blade to extract the flooring.
Use the scrub brush if the mold isn't coming off with the sponge. Throw away all flooring and/or porous material that has mold on it and cannot be cleaned off.
Allow area to dry thoroughly. Place fans around the area if needed.
Replace any flooring that had to be discarded or pulled up to clean.
Fix any and all leaks in the mobile home.
Tips and warnings
- Mold cannot reproduce and/or grow without some form of moisture. Mold spores are generally in the air and you cannot kill them. It is important that you do not breath in mold spores, get them in your eyes or on your hands. If the area of mold is larger than 10 square feet, the best thing to do is call in a technician that has experience with mold problems.
- Getting mold spores on your hands, in your eyes or breathing them in may cause irritation, allergic reaction and other medical problems.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for