Acer laptops have a keypad to type in numbers and a touchpad to use instead of a mouse. Both of these pads can be locked very easily. To unlock them, you have to go through a series of menus and clear some check boxes. Once you have done this, the pads will work as normal.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Click "Start." Click "Control Panel" in the right panel.
Click "Accessibility Options."
Clear the boxes next to "Use Sticky Keys," "Use FilterKeys" and "Use ToggleKeys."
Click "OK" to unlock the keyboard, including the keypad.
Click "Start," then "Control Panel."
Click "Hardware and Sound," then "Mouse."
Click the "Touchpad" tab. Click "Default" under the "Touchpad" tab to reset the touchpad to its original settings.
Tips and warnings
- Store the laptop in a case.
- Direct sunlight will cause the Acer laptop to stop working.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for