Resetting the HP Pavilion ze4900 back to its original state can be accomplished even if you no longer know where your set of Recovery discs are. The HP "PC Recovery" tool can restore your machine back to the way that it was when it shipped from the factory, giving you a clean reinstallation of Windows in the process. If you haven't ever reset your HP Pavilion ze4900 to factory settings before, do not feel overwhelmed. The process is much simpler than you could imagine.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Restart your computer, then hit the "F11" key on the keyboard before Windows begins to load. Enter this key as soon as you see the first blank screen appear. Repeat this step if you see the Windows screen, for you have not entered the key in enough time to access the utility.
Click on "Recover PC" when the welcome screen appears, the select "Destructive Recovery" from the list of various Recovery options that appear on the next screen. "Destructive Recovery" erases your previous installation of Windows and the contents on your hard drive.
Restart your computer after your machine's factory settings are restored and Windows has been installed once again. Windows will ask you what language, time and date you would like the system to use on the following screens. This can take up to a couple hours to finish, but afterward your HP ze4900 will be like new.
Tips and warnings
- Resetting your HP ze4900 can correct virus and software issues that may be hindering the performance of Windows on your machine.
- Store all of your important files to an external memory device before attempting these instructions.
- All of your previous Windows settings and configurations, along with all of your files, will be removed from your hard drive after resetting your machine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for