Of the many iconic characters from "The Wizard of Oz," the Munchkins added their own flair to this beloved classic. Though there are a variety of Munchkin outfits such as the Mayor, the Coroner, the most memorable are the members of the Lollipop Guild. With a catchy song, colourful costume and a big lollipop, it is understandable that when people think Munchkin they think Lollipop Guild Munchkin. And if you still haven't got your costume for Halloween, this one is an easy costume that you can make yourself.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Plaid button-up shirt with a collar
- White felt fabric
- Tailor's chalk
- Colourful pair of trousers
- Striped leggings
- Large lollipop
- Gel or mousse
- Eye liner
Using the collar of the plaid shirt, trace out a similar collar from the white felt fabric, except make it bigger and more exaggerated in size.
Cut out the collar and stitch it onto the plaid shirt's collar.
Cut off the sleeves of the plaid shirt in a jagged, zigzag line. With the same exaggerated zigzag motion, cut the shirt so that it comes down to the waist.
Cut the trousers with the same zigzag line so that they fall just below the knees.
Take your hair around the crown area and tease it so it sticks up in the air. With the hairspray, form the hair you teased into a pyramid and finish it off with a curlicue at the end. Slick down the rest of your hair with either gel or mousse.
Use the blush to add rosy circles on your cheeks, and with the eye liner, accentuate your eyebrows. Add some mascara to your lashes to finish the look.
Put everything on, grab your lollipop, squint a bit and pinch your mouth on one side, talking at an angle like Popeye.
Tips and warnings
- For other easy Munchkin costumes, dress a young girl like a ballerina from the Lullaby Guild. Use felt to make the pointy hat.
- For a mayor costume, stuff your shirt with a pillow, an wear a coat with tails and a top hat.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for