The average price for an HP #21 ink cartridge is £16. If you replace the cartridge six times a year, that is an annual printing cost of £97. You can reduce this cost significantly by refilling the cartridge. The average cost of a refill kit costs £13, and the cartridge then can be reused up to six times. The process of refilling this ink cartridge is straight forward and takes 10 minutes to complete. Refilling the cartridge will save you money and help reduce waste in landfills.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Refill kit
Lay newspaper down on your work surface. Spillage of ink can occur.
Turn the printer off, and remove the cartridge.
Peel back the top label. This exposes the fill hole.
Insert the syringe into the ink bottle and draw up 5ml of ink. The syringe and ink are included in the refill kit.
Insert the needle into the fill hole and slowly inject the ink. When the syringe is empty, the cartridge is full.
Reinstall the cartridge and run one to three cleaning cycles per the printer's instructions.
Tips and warnings
- Leave the top label off after refilling. The filling holes must be exposed.
- Refill empty cartridges immediately.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for