For privacy reasons, you may want to hide your mobile number when calling a phone that is equipped with caller ID. Caller ID-equipped phones display caller information such as the name and phone number of the party calling. If you are concerned about your number's being displayed, you can use a special code to hide your caller information on a per-call basis. There is no charge for using the code to hide your number.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Enter "*67" followed by the 10-digit number of the party you are calling on your mobile phone's keypad.
Press the "Send" key to dial the party.
Wait for the person to answer the phone and begin the conversation. Press the "End" key to disconnect the call when the conversation ends.
Tips and warnings
- The "*67" code must be dialled each time you want to block your number.
- Depending on your mobile carrier, you may be able to subscribe to caller ID block. The feature blocks your caller information on a permanent basis.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for