People with dry, cracked feet can make their own gel socks to smooth and soften damaged skin. Retail gel socks are typically made from a combination of cotton, nylon and spandex then lined with various moisturising oils and chemicals in gel form for absorption through the skin. Coating your feet in moisturising lotion or oil then covering them with moisture socks has the same effect---soft, supple feet.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Overnight moisture socks (cotton)
Rub a generous amount of your favourite moisturising lotion or oil onto your clean bare feet. If your feet are extremely dry and they readily absorb all the moisturiser, apply more until your feet are slathered in lotion.
Slip the overnight moisture socks over your feet.
Wear the socks overnight, or while relaxing with your feet up. The longer you wear the socks, the more moisturised your feet will be.
Tips and warnings
- If you notice you have a tendency to remove the socks in your sleep, try sleeping with your feet outside the blankets to keep them cooler.
- Wash the socks frequently to reduce build-up from lotion residue.
- Use caution if you need to move around on your feet while wearing the overnight socks. Your feet will have a tendency to want to slip around inside the socks, which may cause you to fall.
- These homemade gel socks are intended for skin therapy use only and not intended to replace medical gel socks for patients with foot ailments related to complications with diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for