Hewlett-Packard is one of the largest manufacturers of inkjet and toner cartridges. The HP Recycling Program provides you with two easy methods for recycling empty ink and toner cartridges. You have the option of shipping the cartridges to HP or recycling the empty cartridges at Staples.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Place the empty HP cartridges in the original packaging. Place the cartridges in a plastic zipper bag if you don't have the original boxes.
Locate the nearest Staples HP authorised recycling centre. Navigate to the Staples website and access the store locator feature to find the Staples that is closest to you (see Resources).
Bring the cartridges to Staples and sign up for the "Rewards" program. You will receive £1.30 in Staples Rewards for each cartridge you recycle. The store allows you to recycle up to 10 cartridges per month.
Staples HP Authorized Recycling Centers
Place the empty HP cartridges in the original packaging. Place the cartridges in a plastic zipper bag if you do not have the original boxes.
Navigate to the official HP website and print a free HP inkjet or LaserJet shipping label. After you print the label, apply it to a shipping envelope. Write your name and return address on the front of the envelope.
Seal the cartridges in the shipping envelope and bring the package to the nearest UPS drop-off centre.
Ship the Cartridges to HP
Tips and warnings
- You can request a pallet pickup from HP if you need to recycle 50 or more LaserJet cartridges, or 500 or more inkjet cartridges (see Resources).
- Before requesting a shipping label from HP to recycle a LaserJet cartridge, check inside the box the toner cartridge came in. You may find a recycling guide that already includes a free shipping label to return the LaserJet cartridge to HP for recycling (see Resources).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for