Baby nurseries are known for being colourfully decorated with animals and characters from popular movies. The Disney movie "Finding Nemo" featured sea creatures like clownfish, sea turtle and sharks in colourful scenery. It's simple to bring your child under the sea and decorate your child's nursery like a scene from "Finding Nemo" with a few simple supplies.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Blue paint
- Painting supplies
- Wall decals
- "Finding Nemo" plush animals
- "Finding Nemo" bedding
- Fish tank
- Rugs or mats
- Blue or green light bulbs
Paint the walls of the nursery blue to look like ocean water. Select a colour that matches decals or other wall art you'll be attaching.
Attach bubble decals to the walls in a pattern that moved upward.
Hang "Finding Nemo" posters or framed artwork to the walls. Look for inexpensive decorations at party supply stores.
Buy "Finding Nemo" themed bedding and window curtains at the store and place around the room in the appropriate places.
Display "Finding Nemo" plush animals on shelving, on tops of dressers or on other furniture pieces.
Add wall decals around the room such as fish, bubbles and plant life to extend the underwater experience.
Set up a working fish tank in the nursery with clown fish, tang fish and other colourful creatures. Be sure to place it where it won't be a hazard to the baby.
Lay out rugs and mats shaped like "Finding Nemo" characters or other ocean scenes.
Install blue or green light bulbs in light fixtures to cast an oceanic hue to the room.
Tips and warnings
- Watch the movie or trailer for a better understanding of the way the movie looks.
- If you can't locate "Finding Nemo" bedding at the store, shop for fabric at the craft or sewing store.
- Display authentic oceanic items around the room such as shells, sand dollars or pieces of coral.
- Keep plush animals out of the baby's bed until he is older and they won't pose a choking or suffocation hazard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for