Alarm systems are a popular, easy to use way to help protect your home and valuables from burglary and other hazards. Most alarms use an easily remembered four-digit code to arm and disarm the system. It is important to keep your code secret to prevent unauthorised entry to your home. Sometimes it is necessary to give other people, such as guests or contractors, access to your home while you are away. Instead of giving them your private code, it is possible to quickly program additional codes that can be easily deleted once they are no longer needed.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Alarm system
Enter your four-digit master code followed by the "Code" button. Enter a one or two digit user number depending on the model of your alarm system; note that user number 1 (01) is reserved as the installer's code and user number 2 (02) is reserved for your master code.
Enter the four-digit code that you want to assign to the selected user number. Wait three seconds or until the system beeps to let you know the code has been successfully entered. Test the new code by using it to arm and disarm the system.
Delete the temporary code when it is no longer needed by entering your four-digit master code followed by the "Code" button and the user number that the temporary code was assigned to. Wait three seconds or until the system beeps to let you know that the code has been successfully deleted.
Tips and warnings
- ADT has used a wide variety of alarm systems; the precise procedure for adding and deleting additional users may vary slightly depending on your particular model.
- Safeguard your master code at all times; if you suspect that your code has been compromised, change it immediately.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for