A volleyball is a round, white ball used both indoors and outdoors. When playing the sport, make sure you are using the proper type of ball for the environment conditions. This is important because volleyballs are made differently for indoor versus outdoor use. Whether indoors or outdoors, the most common type of repair for a volleyball is fixing a leak that is causing the ball to deflate.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/8 inch wide rubber band
- Dish detergent
Make two marks with the black marker about an inch apart on the rubber band. This will help you to determine how far you need to insert the rubber band in the valve hole.
Put a drop of dish detergent on the hole of the ball valve.
Center the rubber band and marks on the rubber band over the valve hole.
Take the ball needle and push the rubber band into the valve hole keeping the marks on the rubber band visible.
Pull out the ball needle a little and fill the ball with air to playing pressure. Take out the ball needle when finished and trim the excess rubber band.
Repairing a leak in a volleyball
Tips and warnings
- Once you have added the air needed to get the volleyball to the correct pressure, leave it alone for a day. You will see that the ball is ready for use at that time with the correct pressure for play.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for