eCRATER is an online marketplace for selling your unwanted items. These items can be new or used. Unlike websites such as eBay, eCRATER does not have any fees. Users can list a few items for sale, and even set up their own eCRATER store, all for free. Shipping charges are set by the seller, but there are never any listing fees once the item is sold.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet access
- Digital camera
Visit eCRATER's home page and sign up for an account through the signup link at the top of the page. You will need to fill in your mailing address, e-mail address, create a password and create a name for your own eCRATER store.
Confirm the email sent to you and then log in to your new eCRATER account.
Click on the products link on the left-hand side of the screen, and then choose "Add New Product."
Name your product. For example, Plush Tigger Rattle is a good name for a stuffed Tigger doll that rattles when you shake it. Give the product a description once you have come up with the name. Make sure you list the condition of the product. Don't say it is new if it has been used.
Upload a photograph of the item and set a price for it. Unlike eBay, there won't be any bidding on the item. Make sure the price you set is the price you want to get.
Choose a category and any relevant subcategories from the drop-down menus. Then check the box that says "Yes" if your item is taxable, or "No" if the item is not taxable.
Complete your shipping information and click "Add." Your product will now be live and available for sale.
Wait for other eCRATER visitors to purchase your item, or advertise your eCRATER store to your friends and family members. You can Tweet or Facebook your eCRATER store link as well.
Note: Your store name will be http://(whatever name you chose at signup).ecrater.com.
Tips and warnings
- If you have any questions when listing your items or setting up your store, you can click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the eCRATER website and fill out the form to ask for assistance.
- You must delete the item yourself when it sells; eCRATER does not automatically remove it.
- Sales-tax collections are the seller's responsibility. Contact your state's tax agency to request a copy of the tax requirements where you live. You can review the California State Board of Equalization's answers to applying tax to your sales and purchases to get a general idea of how sales tax works.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for