TechnoMarine is a Swiss-based watch company that merges modern design with traditional Swiss watch movement. TechnoMarine offers a wide range of dive- and water-resistant watches. According to the company website, the watches are offered through high-end department stores. The recommended price ranges from £195 to £1,950. The watches are designed for quick changes to the watchband and bands around the watch case. Both are plastic and breakable. But the quick-change design makes it easy to repair a broken watchband or colour band at home. More intense repairs require professional care to protect the watch's waterproof design.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Soft cloth
- New watchband
- New case cover
- Jeweller's screwdriver (optional)
Lay the watch face down on a soft cloth. On the back of the watchband near the watch face is a slot. This slot allows access to the spring bar, which holds the watchband in place. The ends of the spring bar are set into tiny lugs on either side of the watchband bracket.
Locate the quick-change button on the back of the watchband. A small button is on the spring bar on one side of the slot.
Slide the button toward the centre of the watchband. This releases the spring bar and the broken watchband will slip out of the bracket. The button is designed to be accessible with nothing more than a fingernail. A jeweller's screwdriver works just as well.
Remove the broken watch case cover by pulling it off at the 9 o'clock position first. Slip the rest of the cover off the buttons from the 3 o'clock position.
Place the new cover on the watch case. Slip the buttons at the 3 o'clock position in place first, then stretch the cover over the face of the watch and slide it down over the 9 o'clock position.
Place one side of the spring bar into the lug on one side of the bracket. Slide the other end of the spring bar behind the lug on the other side of the bracket. Slowly pull the watch band forward until the spring bar slips into its lug.
Tips and warnings
- Do not open a TechnoMarine watch. Opening the watch will void the warranty. These watches are designed to be waterproof and have both seals and gaskets around the crown, back and buttons. Removing the back of the watch can damage or destroy these seals. In the case of battery replacement, return the watch to the place of purchase, or contact the company for the closest authorised service centre.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for