Mold is not a pleasant experience for any homeowner to deal with. Mold often has an unpleasant musty scent to it and it can also cause severe respiratory problems in some people. Mold requires moisture in order to grow but once that need is met, it can pop up virtually anywhere. Any room in the house can suffer from mould growth if the humidity is high or if another moisture source is present. Even wooden doors are susceptible to mould growth. Fortunately, removing mould from a wooden door is a simple process.
Vacuum the mould off of the door with an externally exhausted vacuum. While it likely won't remove all the mould, it will eliminate loose spores, reduce the overall mould remaining and prevent inhalation.
Scrub at the mould with a sponge bathed in water and a mild, unscented detergent. The detergent should be successful in removing any mould growth remaining. Avoid soaking the door since too much water can warp the wood.
Spray any stubborn mould stains with a mixture of warm water and white vinegar in a three to one solution. White vinegar is a very effective cleaning agent that is very useful for mould removal. The spray bottle helps prevent the door from getting too wet and the diluted vinegar should not damage the wood finish.
Dry the door with a rag.
Things you need
- Externally exhausted vacuum
- Mild, unscented detergent
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle