On your boyfriend's birthday, show him just how special he is to you, by surprising him with a unique and memorable day filled with fun outdoor activities. Plan an outing that is tailored to his individual interests and spend the day together, enjoying quality time, as you have fun, create memories and relax.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Find a park in your area or in a nearby town that features activities such as boating, swimming and picnic areas, and plan a fun outdoor day to surprise your boyfriend on his birthday. Invite a few close friends or family members to join in on the celebration or choose to spend an intimate day just for two.
Research or call the park ahead of time to get important information, such as parking and picnic areas, hours of operation and activities offered, such as boating, fishing and swimming, as well as any other special amenities that the park and area offer. If your boyfriend loves to boat, fish or any other park activity that requires a rental, be sure to check and see if you need to make reservations and check prices, so you are prepared when you bring your boyfriend.
Pick your boyfriend up on the morning of his birthday and play some of his favourite music on the stereo to help him relax and lift his mood, while driving to the park. Let the destination be a total surprise or drop hints and clues along the way, to see if he can figure it out.
Bring along a picnic basket filled with some of his favourite dishes and snacks, order takeout from his favourite restaurant, or pick up prepared foods from a deli, such as a sandwich tray or meat and cheese tray with assorted crackers. Also bring drink choices, such as sodas and water bottles, and don't forget a small birthday cake, cupcakes or cookies for a sweet birthday treat.
Enjoy the day with your boyfriend at the park by relaxing, picnicking and eating his favourite foods, swimming and renting water equipment, such as boating, jet skiing, canoeing or fishing. Your boyfriend will appreciate the surprise and thought involved, as well as spending time with you.
Tips and warnings
- Let your boyfriend know how to dress, so he is appropriate and comfortable for his special day.
- Let your boyfriend's friends and family know that the birthday plans are a surprise, so they don't tell your boyfriend any details and spoil it.
- Make sure you write down directions to the park, especially if it is in an unfamiliar part of town, so you don't get lost on the way.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for