A refrigerator sporting a black, high-gloss finish requires different care than a refrigerator with a non-glossy finish. While a black finish can lend a modern, elegant feel to your kitchen, it must be kept pristine in order to make the most effective visual impact. While fingerprints and smudges will make their marks on a glossy black refrigerator, you can combat them with the right cleaning approach.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small container
- Warm water
- 5 or 6 drops of mild liquid soap
- Clean, soft cloths (as many as needed)
Fill a small container with warm water. Warm water will help break up existing stains, such as food residue, more easily than cold water.
Add 5 or 6 drops of mild liquid soap to the warm water. Agitate the water with your fingers to create suds.
Dip a clean, soft cloth in the water until it is saturated. Squeeze gently to remove excess liquid.
Wipe the refrigerator's high-gloss surface lightly with the damp, soapy cloth to remove any fingerprints, smudges or food residue.
Dry and polish the finish to a shine with another clean, dry soft cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Use kitchen appliance wax as an alternative to the mild liquid soap and water.
- Never use any type of abrasive cleaners, including those with bleach, or cleaning tools on your refrigerator's high gloss finish because it can cause scratching or damage to the finish.
- Always use clean, unsoiled cloths when cleaning your refrigerator to avoid leaving a residue that may harm the finish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for