High cholesterol can be threatening to your life. High levels of cholesterol in the blood can result in the accumulation of plaque in your arteries. The plaque causes the arteries to get narrower and obstruct the normal flow of blood. This condition is known as atherosclerosis and it causes coronary heart disease, heart stroke, heart attack and angina. You can flush out dangerous plaque from your arteries through lifestyle modification and proper nutrition. You can also use supplementation such as garlic and Hawthorne to help strengthen and regulate the heart.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 7-day pill box
Purchase garlic and Hawthorne from your local health food or vitamin store. The George Washington University School of Medicine performed a study on 78 patients with heart failure given Hawthorne that resulted in increased working capacity and decreased symptoms at one and two months. The university also studied garlic and found that the herb caused more aortic elasticity and inhibited platelet aggregation in human blood.
Take the supplements orally as directed to help strengthen the heart and cleanse the plaque. Most supplements need to be taken routinely over a long period of time to have a lasting impact. Assort and arrange your garlic and Hawthorne supplements in a 7-day pill box to remind you to take them.
Begin an exercise routine that involves weight training and cardiovascular activities. Dropping your body mass index to a reasonable number will help your heart. Exercise promotes the pumping of your blood faster which acts as a circulatory flush that can slowly get rid of plaque from the arterial walls.
Consult a nutritionist and begin a food diet that is low in fats and sugars with an emphasis on fruits, vegetables and complex carbs. Focus on obtaining healthy fats such as monounsaturated fatty acids from olive, peanut, almond, and avocado oils and polyunsaturated fatty acids like Omega 6s in corn, safflower, sunflower and soybean oils. Monounsaturated fatty acids lower total cholesterol and bad cholesterol, or LDL, while increasing the good cholesterol, or HDL. Polyunsaturated fatty acids lowers total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
Flushing Out Dangerous Plaque
Tips and warnings
- Have family and friends motivate you in changing your lifestyle habits.
- Get rid of all the junk and processed food from your house.
- Consult a herbalist or physician before the use of any supplements.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Fugh-Berman, A. (2000), Herbs and Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease. Preventive Cardiology, 3: 24--32. doi: 10.1111/j.1520-037X.2000.80355.x
- UC Davis: Cholesterol and Coronory Heart Disease
- Complete Mother: Heart Disease Prevention
- Health Castle: Good Fats and Bad Fats